Essentials in Writing is a video based writing curriculum. Using an excellent homeschool writing curriculum on DVD such as Essentials in Writing, students will learn how to effectively communicate with readers in written language and become confident writers.
The study of language and writing is much more than dissecting sentences and committing a list of grammar rules to
memory. It includes learning rules for writing, but it also encompasses learning the
concepts that are critical to effective written communication.
The Essentials in Writing strategy involves several components:
1. Students watch a DVD where the lessons are presented in a methodical, step-by-step approach then proceed to writing assignments.
2. Writing lessons and assignments are presented in small "chunks" to help students understand, apply, and retain concepts.
3. Writing lessons are modeled by the teacher. After a new or reviewed concept has been taught, the teacher "shows" students HOW to apply the new concept in writing.
What are the benefits of Essentials in Writing homeschool writing curriculum?
1. Not parent intensive
2. Low prep time
3. Students can work independently
4. Complete grammar and writing curriculum