Level 1*Writing sentences, basic grammar, mechanics, friendly letter, paragraph, and other topics
In First Grade, your child will learn: how to use words to make complete sentences, basic grammar, capitalization and punctuation of sentences, compose a friendly letter and a paragraph, and other topics.
Preprinted Workbook Level 1 - $20
OPTIONAL: If you do not want to take the time to print worksheets, add a preprinted workbook to your order. You will be prompted during checkout.
Note: It is recommended that students begin first grade AFTER they have a basic understanding of spelling phonetically. We recommend the "All About Spelling" program. Click the picture on the right to visit All About Spelling's homepage.
- Review Letter Formation and Sounds
- Introduction to Complete Sentences
- Capitalization Rules: Beginning of sentences, names
- Punctuation Rules: period, question mark, & exclamation point
- Basic Grammar: Subject/Predicate, Nouns, Action Verbs
- Parts of a Personal Letter
- Writing a Personal Letter
- Parts of a Paragraph
- Writing a Paragraph
- Other Forms of Written Communication: Lists
- Introduction to Narrative and Descriptive Paragraphs
- Text Features of Poetry
PLEASE NOTE: This sample is taken from lessons toward the end of first grade.